Rainbow Smoothie Bowl
June 27 is National Pride Day and we are HERE for it in the CompletEats Kitchen! We can’t help playing with our food, so we created a couple of amazing, healthy recipes that showcase our love of all things #pride, like this Rainbow Smoothie Bowl!
You’ll love customizing your bowl based on your fruit preferences, and so will your family! For added fun, try creating a rainbow smoothie bar and set out a variety of cut fruits and toppings. Your kids or family will love creating their own rainbow on their smoothie bowl. We recommend adding other toppings like coconut flakes, a few CompletEats cookies, mint leaves, chia seeds, nuts, or seeds to the lineup for added fun! 🌈
Prep time: 5 min.
Total time: 5 min.
- 1 banana
- 1 c. frozen mixed berries
- 1 T. chia seeds
- 1/2 c. almond or coconut milk
- 1 t. beet root powder, optional
- 1 Banana Bread cookie, for topping
- Various fresh fruits of different colors, such as blueberries, raspberries, bananas, kiwi, mango, grapes, peaches, blackberries, or oranges
1. In a blender, blitz together the banana, frozen berries, chia seeds, beetroot powder, and almond or coconut milk until smooth. If needed, add a few extra tablespoons of coconut milk to adjust the consistency.
2. Pour the smoothie into a small, shallow bowl and top with fresh fruit, lining the fruit up by color. Add additional toppings like Banana cookie crumbles, coconut, or chia seeds and serve immediately.