Must-See National Parks
Thinking about planning a summer trip and not sure where to go? Here are ten must-see National Parks from different parts of the country. Pack of the car, some snacks, and hit the road! All of these trips are also very budget and kid-friendly.
1. Yosemite- California's most visited national park stands out for its impressive waterfalls, and granite rock formations like El Capitan. Plus, it's only a three hour drive from San Francisco.
2. Yellowstone- Most famous for Old Faithful, the geyser that erupts twenty times a day, Yellowstone is a beautiful national park located in Wyoming.
3. Glacier National Park- If you enjoy hiking, Glacier National Park located in Montana is a hikers paradise. With more than 700 miles of beautiful hiking trails and highest peak reaching 10,466 ft.
4.Grand Canyon- Did you know that the Grand Canyon is bigger than the entire state of Rhode Island? This jaw-dropping river valley is unlike any other landscape in the world.
5. Zion National Park- Zion National Park located in southern Utah is home to some of the most diverse topography in the world. If you're scared of heights, don't tempt fate with the Angels Landing hike.
6. Grand Teton National Park- Sometimes overshadowed because of its proximity to Yellowstone, Grand Teton is a hidden gem located in Jackson, Wyoming.
7. Bryce Canyon National Park- Located in Southern Utah, Hoodoos are odd-shaped pillars of rock left standing from forces of erosion, and Bryce Canyon is home to the most extensive collection of hoodoos in the world.
8. Arches National Park- Oddly shaped sandstone monuments can be seen in every view, and the formations make the park an excellent place for backpackers, rock climbers and hikers, not to mention photographers.
9. Rocky Mountain National Park- Sitting just 70 miles north of Denver, the area makes for an easy day-trip. However, you could spend days exploring this park. The Rockies' magnificent landscape is one for the books, featuring 355 miles of scenic trails, 147 lakes and 118 peaks taller than 10,000 feet.
10. Haleakala National Park- Now, most of us won't be able to get here by car, it's the perfect excuse to plan a Hawaiian vacation. Haleakala translates to “House of the Sun” and catching the sunrise from the summit of Haleakala is one of the most popular activities.