Mini Key Lime Pies
Mini Key Lime Pies
Ready for summer? We sure are! We’ve been busy creating lots of recipes with seasonal summer fruits and flavors, and these adorable mini key lime pies are a result!
These mini key lime pies are vegan, full of healthy nutrients and protein from the almonds, cashews, and coconut milk, and are every bit as creamy and delicious as the key lime pie you grew up loving. We love the ability to grab one of these out of the freezer anytime we need a sweet pick-me-up, but you could also turn this recipe into a regular-sized pie. Follow the instructions, but use a normal pie tin as you did for our Vegan Banana Coconut Cream Pie.
If you’re making the recipe, be sure to give us a shout @CompletEats - we’d love to feature your mini pies and hear what you think!
Prep Time - 5 minutes
Total Time - 2-3 hours
For the crust:
- 8 Banana Bread cookies
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 5 minutes
- 1 c. raw almonds
For the Key Lime pie filling:
- 1 c. cashews, soaked for 12 hours or overnight
- 1/2 c. full-fat coconut milk from a can
- 1 T. lime zest
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 c. maple syrup (or to taste)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Desiccated coconut, for topping
1. For the Crust: Using a food processor, blitz together all ingredients and press the dough into 12 individual muffin tins, using a spoon to smooth out any bumps and pressing the dough up the sides of the tin.
2. For the Key Lime Pie Filling: Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides as necessary. It should be thick and creamy. You can adjust the sweetness by adding or reducing the amount of maple syrup.
3. Pour the key lime pie filling into the muffin tins, using a spoon to spread the filling evenly. Top with lime pieces, extra cookie bits, or coconut. Freeze for 2-3 hours, or until firm.
4. To serve, remove from freezer and let thaw for 10-15 minutes. Store in the freezer for up to one week.