Homemade Twix Bars
Homemade Twix Bars
Did you have a favorite candy bar growing up? For me, I LOVED Twix! There was something about that cookie and caramel combo that made me want to keep both pieces to myself (Sorry, little bro). Now we're all grown up and we can't eat Twix all the time... Check out Tara's recipe below for homemade plant-based Twix bars!
If you loved this recipe, you'll love our Vegan Fudge Cups, too!
PREP TIME - 1 hour 15 minutes + overnight
TOTAL TIME - 1 hour 45 minutes + overnight
- 6 CompletEats Banana Bread Cookies
- 1 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons of cashew butter
- 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Dash of vanilla
Vegan Caramel sauce
- 25 medjool dates
- 1/3 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons of hot filtered water to thin mixture out
- 2 cups of allergen free chocolate chunks
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1. Line a 9” pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Add the CompleEats Banana Bread Cookies and coconut oil to a high speed blender and pulse until well mixed and the mixture is in crumbles.
3. Place in the freezer to set up about 25-30 minutes.
4. To create the nougat add all of the ingredients together in a small saucepan on low heat . Cook until fully melted. Make sure to stir constantly so the ingredients don’t stick or burn to the pan. The mixture should be somewhat thick. Once the base layer is fully frozen add the layer of nougat and freeze for about 15 minutes.
5. For the caramel sauce add dates, coconut milk, and vanilla to a food processor and blend until fully blended and the mixture is creamy. Slowly add the hot water to thin the mixture out. Once the nougat is frozen pull them out of the pan and add the vegan caramel layer. Put back into the freezer and store until the next day.
6. Pull the bars out and cut them into long strips 1-2 inch strips. Then cut the strips in half and put back in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
7. The next day, melt the chocolate with coconut oil in a double boiler, but be careful not to burn the chocolate. Stir constantly if using a saucepan. Remove from heat once melted.
8. Pull the bars back out and dip them into chocolate and place on a parchment covered tray.
9. Once done with all the bars sprinkle with sea salt flakes and place back in the freezer to harden up.
10. Store in a freezer friendly container once your bites are frozen and enjoy!