Coconut Strawberry Shortcakes
With the warmer weather approaching, we’re so excited to see all the fresh berries and summery fruits at the farmer’s markets!
Nothing says summer quite like a fresh strawberry slathered in whipped cream, which is why we created this vegan strawberry shortcake recipe with our cookies. If you’re searching for a clean, vegan alternative to the summery classic, look no further! It’s gluten-free and made with our Mocha Chip cookies (although you could sub your favorite flavor), a super-easy coconut whipped cream, and fresh strawberries - nothing else!
Best of all, it’s full of nutrients, healthy fats from the coconut, and has no added ingredients. That’s a recipe we can get on board with, and if you’re as crazy for clean recipes and fresh strawberries as we are, we know you’ll love this vegan strawberry shortcake recipe. Let us know what you think and snag a quick picture for your Instagram feed - we’re always inspired by what you create!
PREP TIME: 5min.
TOTA TIME: 5 min.
For the Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled for 2-3 hours in the fridge
- 1 T. maple sugar, optional
- 1 t. Vanilla, optional
- 1 c. organic strawberries
- 6 Mocha Chip cookies
1. Open the can of full-fat coconut milk and drain and coconut water from the can (Alternatively, you can keep this liquid and add it to smoothies, juices, or your coffee - you just don’t need it for this recipe). Add the coconut cream to a small bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip the coconut cream for 5 minutes or until it forms a thick cream. If using, add the maple syrup and vanilla, stirring to combine. Set aside until ready to make the shortcakes.
2. To form the Vegan strawberry shortcakes, spoon 3-4 T. of the coconut whipped cream on one of the cookies. Next, layer strawberry slices on the coconut whipped cream and top off with a cookie. Add extra coconut whipped cream, strawberry slices, or maple syrup to the top of the shortcake as desired. Serve and Enjoy!