5 Ways To Improve Mental Health
When life feels uncertain and your normal routine is disrupted, it's easy to feel anxious. Prioritizing mental health is important because it affects every aspect of our lives.
We've listed 5 simple things you can do on a daily basis to improve your mental health. Share this article with a friend or family member for support and encouragement. We'd love to hear your thoughts if you try any of these over on our Instagram.
1. Journal- Carve out 5-10 minutes a day to journal about three things you're grateful for. Expressing gratitude has been linked to improved well-being, mental health, and overall happiness. Click here for some gratitude journal prompts.
2. Exercise- Establish a regular workout routine that you enjoy and is easy to stick to. If you exercise regularly, it can reduce your stress and symptoms of mental health conditions like depression and anxiety.
3. Spend time outside- Spending time outside has been shown to lower stress, blood pressure, and heart rate, while encouraging physical activity and improving mood and mental health. Take a walk with your dog, friend, or journal outside.
4. Make time for self-care- Prioritizing self-care and taking time to do things that make you feel good can have positive impacts on your mental health. Try taking bubble baths, apply face masks, or make homemade sugar scrubs.
5. Practice mindfulness- Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of your thoughts, environment, feelings, and surroundings. Start by bringing awareness to routine activities, such as taking a shower, eating lunch, or walking home.
We hope you all stay healthy and take care of yourselves💗